Meyer UPJunior Compact VariO Loudspeaker
The speaker's low-mid frequency section employs an 8-inch neodymium magnet cone driver, while the high-frequency section uses an efficient 0.75-inch exit, 2-inch diaphragm compression driver.
The UPJunior can be mounted, flown, and arrayed, allowing it to be used as either a main loudspeaker or fill loudspeaker, or even as a stage monitor. Its cabinet includes end plates made of heavy-duty, corrosion-resistant 6061-T6 aluminum, complete with threaded M8 attachment points for basic eyebolt rigging or third-party pole assemblies; several QuickFly mounting systems are also available.
Applications include portable and installed AV systems for conference centers, ballrooms and houses of worship, small- to medium-sized theatrical sound reinforcement, front and under-balcony fill, delay, effects, and distributed systems.
Product Weight: 28 lbs
Dimensions: 9.0"W x 19.04 "H x 10.2"D
Operating Frequency Range1: 70 Hz – 20 kHz
Frequency Response2: 76 Hz – 18 kHz ±4 dB
Phase Response: 250 Hz – 18 kHz ±45°
Maximum Peak SPL3: 126 dB
Dynamic Range: >110 dB
Coverage4: 80° x 50°
Crossover5: 3.5 KHz
One 8" cone driver with neodymium magnet
Nominal impedance: 4 Ω
Voice coil size: 1.5"
Power-handling capability: 300 W at AES6
One 2" compression driver
Nominal impedance: 12 Ω
Voice coil size: 2"
Diaphragm size: 2"
Exit size: 0.75"
Power-handling capability: 100 W at AES6
Type: Differential, electronically balanced
Maximum Common Mode Range: ±15 V DC, clamped to earth for voltage transient protection
Connectors: Female XLR input with male XLR loop output
Input Impedance: 10 kΩ differential between pins 2 and 3
Pin 1: Chassis/earth through 220 kΩ, 1000 pF, 15 V clamp network to provide virtual ground lift at audio frequencies
Pin 2: Signal +
Pin 3: Signal - at optional polarity reversal switch8
Case: Earth ground and chassis
DC Blocking: Differential DC blocking up to maximum common mode voltage
CMRR: >50 dB, typically 80 dB at 50–500 Hz
RF Filter: Common mode: 425 kHz; Differential mode: 142 kHz
TIM Filter: <80 kHz, integral to signal processing
Nominal Input Sensitivity: 0 dBV at 1 V rms, 1.4 V peak continuous average is typically the onset of limiting for noise and music
Input Level: Audio source must be capable of producing +20 dBV at 10 V rms, 14 V peak into 600 Ω to produce maximum peak SPL over the operating bandwidth of the loudspeaker
Type: Two-channel complementary MOSFET output stages at class AB/bridged
Output Power9: 300 W total
THD, IM, TIM: <.02%
Load Capacity: 4 Ω low channel, 12 Ω high channel
Cooling: Forced air cooling over amplifier heatsink
Connectors: PowerCon with looping output
Voltage Selection: Automatic
Safety Agency Rated Operating Range: 100–240 VAC; 50/60 Hz
Turn-on and Turn-off Points10: 90–264 VAC; 50/60 Hz
Idle Current: 0.448 A rms at 115 VAC; 0.285 A rms at 230 VAC; 0.497 A rms at 100 VAC
Maximum Long-Term Continuous Current at >10 sec: 2.55 A rms at 115 VAC; 1.55 A rms at 230 VAC; 2.75 A rms at 100 VAC
Burst Current at <1 sec: 2.90 A rms at 115 VAC; 1.70 A rms at 230 VAC; 3.20 A rms at 100 VAC
Ultimate Short-Term Current: 12.0 A peak at 115 VAC; 9.0 A peak at 230 VAC; 13.0 A peak at 100 VAC
Inrush Current: 15.0 A peak at 115 VAC; 13.0 A peak at 230 VAC; 15.0 A peak at 100 VAC
Dimensions: 9.00"W x 19.04"H x 10.20"D at 228.6 x 483.55 x 259.08 mm
Weight: 28 lbs at 12.70 kg
Enclosure: Premium birch plywood
Finish: Black textured
Protective grille: Powder-coated hex-stamped steel
Rigging: QuickFly rigging options
RMS Network at Optional
Equipped with two-conductor twisted-pair network, reportling all amplifier operating parameters to system operator's host computer.
1. Recommended maximum operating frequency range. Response depends on loading conditions and room acoustics.
2. Free field, measured with 1/3 octave frequency resolution at 4 meters.
3. Measured with music referred to 1 meter.
4. The UPJunior horn can be rotated to provide an 80° x 50° coverage pattern in either the horizontal or vertical plane.
5. At this frequency, the transducers produce equal sound pressure levels.
6. Power handling is measured under AES standards: transducer driven continuously for two hours with band-limited noise signal having a 6dB peak-average ratio.
7. High frequency driver is coupled to an 80° x 50° constant-directivity horn.
8. An optional input module is available that includes a polarity reversal switch and an attenuator at 0–18 dB.
9. Amplifier wattage rating based on the maximum unclipped burst sinewave rms voltage the amplifier will produce for at least 0.5 seconds into the nominal load impedance. Low and high channels 30 V rms at 42 V peak.
10. No automatic turn-off voltages. Voltages above 265 VAC are fuse protected but may cause permanent damage to the power supply. Voltages below 90 VAC may result in intermittent operation.
11. Current draw for a single loudspeaker. Loop output not used.