Meyer UM-1P Narrow Coverage Stage Monitor
The UM-P Series horns exhibit Constant-Q: the beamwidth remains consistent across the horn’s operating frequency range in both the vertical and horizontal planes. The UM-1P’s narrow, symmetrical coverage (45° horizontal x 45° vertical) affords pinpoint aiming with minimal interaction between adjacent units. Frequency response is uniform across the specified beamwidth, with minimal side lobes.
With the addition of an optional module, the UM-1P may be integrated into Meyer Sound’s RMS remote monitoring system, a Windows-based computer application for monitoring the full range of amplifier and limiter operating parameters.
Operating Frequency Range1: 60 Hz - 18 kHzFrequency Response2: 65 Hz - 17 kHz ±4 dB
Phase Response: 500 Hz - 16 kHz ±35°
Maximum Peak SPL3: 133 dB
Dynamic Range: >110 dB
UM-1P: 45° x 45°; UM-100P: 100° horiz. x 40° vert.
UM-1P: 1000 Hz; UM-100P: 1200 Hz
One 12" cone driver
Nominal impedance: 2 Ω
Voice coil size: 3"
Power-handling capability: 400 W (AES)5
One 3" compression driver
Nominal impedance: 16 Ω
Voice coil size: 3"
Diaphragm size: 3"
Exit size: 1.4" throat
Power-handling capability: 100 W (AES)5
Type: Differential, electronically balanced
Maximum Common Mode Range: ±15 V DC, clamped to earth for voltage transient protection
Connectors: Female XLR input with male XLR loop output or VEAM all-in-one (integrates AC, audio and network)
Input Impedance: 10 kΩ differential between pins 2 and 3
Pin 1: Chassis/earth through 220 kΩ, 1000 pF, 15 V clamp network to provide virtual ground lift at audio frequencies
Pin 2: Signal +
Pin 3: Signal - (optional polarity reversal switch)6
Case: Earth ground and chassis
DC Blocking: Differential DC blocking up to maximum common mode voltage
CMRR: >50 dB, typically 80 dB (50 Hz - 500 Hz)
RF Filter: Common mode: 425 kHz; Differential mode: 142 kHz
TIM Filter: <80 kHz, integral to signal processing
Nominal Input Sensitivity: 0 dBV (1 V rms, 1.4 V pk) continuous average is typically the onset of limiting for pink noise and music.
Input Level: Audio source must be capable of producing a minimum of +20 Dbv (10 V rms, 14 V pk) into 600 Ω to produce maximum peak SPL over the operating bandwidth of the loudspeaker.
Type: Two-channel complementary MOSFET output stages (class AB/bridged)
Output Power7: 550 W total
THD, IM, TIM: <.02 %
Load Capacity: 2 Ω low channel, 16 Ω high channel
Cooling: Convection; 24 V DC output for optional external fan
Connector: PowerCon or VEAM
Voltage Selection: Automatic, continuous range from 90 V AC to 265 V AC
Safety Agency Rated Operating Range: 100 V AC - 240 V AC; 50/60 Hz
Turn-on and Turn-off Points8: 90 V AC on, no turn-off, only fuse-protect above 265 V AC
Idle Current: 0.25 A rms (115 V AC); 0.13 A rms (230 V AC); 0.3 A rms (100 V AC)
Max Long-Term Continuous Current (>10 sec): 2.8 A rms (115 V AC); 1.4 A rms (230 V AC); 3.2 A rms (100 V AC)
Burst Current (<1 sec): 3.2 A rms (115 V AC); 1.6 A rms (230 V AC); 3.7 A rms (100 V AC)
Ultimate Short-Term Peak Current Draw: 5.0 A pk (115 V AC); 2.5 A pk (230 V AC); 5.8 A pk (100 V AC)
Inrush Current: <9 A pk (115 V AC and 230 V AC)
RMS NETWORK (OPTIONAL)
Equipped for two-conductor, twisted-pair network, reporting amplifier operating parameters to system operator’s host computer.
1. Recommended maximum operating frequency range. Response depends on loading conditions and room acoustics.
2. Half-space loading (monitor on the floor), measured with 1/3-octave frequency resolution at 1.5 meters.
3. Measured with music at 1 meter.
4. At this frequency, the mid- and high frequency transducers produce equal sound pressure levels.
5. Power handling is measured under AES standard conditions: transducer driven continuously for two hours with band-limited noise signal having a 6 dB peak-average ratio.
6. Two additional input module options are available with a polarity reversal switch and an attenuator (0 dB to -18 dB): one looping and one with two inputs for mono summing.
7. Amplifier wattage rating based on the maximum unclipped burst sinewave rms voltage that the amplifier will produce into the nominal load impedance. Low channel 30 V rms (42 V pk) into 2 ohms; high channel 32 V rms (45 V pk) into 16 ohms.
8. No automatic turn-off voltages. Voltages above 265 V AC are fuse protected but may cause permanent damage to the power supply. Voltages below 90 V AC may result in intermittent operation.
This compact, self-powered enclosure houses a 12" cone driver and a 3" diaphragm compression driver along with phase-corrected control electronics and amplification. A dedicated, proprietary class AB/bridged amplifier (700 watts total) with complementary MOSFET output stages powers the high- and low-frequency drivers. By producing flat amplitude and phase responses, full-range bandwidth and exceptional impulse response, the UM-1P far exceeds the capabilities of conventional stage monitors.